Fixed: This is the merchants forum (but there is still the secret one)

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In reguard to inworld search:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Massively changed, back on Feb 15th.

Yep! And this has to be the worst change yet. It is like LL is now fighting against their own algorithms, and we get to take the losses. Whatever! At least my classifieds can now be seen in something other than just Adult, as I don't really make adult items.

Kinda funny that they bailed on that crappy Jive software before they actually corrected something that matters, and dropped the GSA.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am almost afraid to ask but: what work did they wipe out this time?

Well, it is all in there somewhere, but they are not in the forum categories. For instance, I've answered, literally, hundreds of things on the SL answers, Animation forum, and some on mesh. These can only be found in the archives now and are not in the actual forum categories anymore. They seems to have moved some, but very few. We are back to square 1 again.

Ahh that work. Yes when they disbanded the original LL forums, I know the RA and scripting ppl who had invested tons of time were devastated. But there is supposed to be some mechanism to make knowledge base docs out of posts or something with this software. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Ahh that work. Yes when they disbanded the original LL forums, I know the RA and scripting ppl who had invested tons of time were devastated. But there is supposed to be some mechanism to make knowledge base docs out of posts or something with this software. 

Having the Knowledge Base here, I think, is the best part of this new system. Kinda reminds me of my early days when the knowledge base was our main source. I'm very happy to see it here in the set of options to browse thru.

Hi Darius

Yep, Sea Linden has really managed to screw up ALL Search this time around. We've both been playing at this for a week or two, tying to figure out some logic of the alogorithms used...-1 parcel boost is not being penalised anymore....infact i think it's become a red herring. One of the few top spots i have left...i spammed,  normally it would have been knocked back.

I don't see this being beneficial to any consumer.

As regards the "Golden Children"....it's not beyond the realms that they've been given a special meta tag, which are not visible on the page source. (remember the JS/ SL  Twitter incident?)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

I did a screencap and found that the ideal dimensions for an image are 480w x 33h. And by "ideal" I mean the dimensions they either crop or resize images into. I'm not exactly sure where those numbers came from, but "non-standard" is clearly the goal.

Oh I got it as 480 x 48 pixels. Would it be too much trouble for the Lindens to actually specify what the necessary  dimensions are instead of everyone wasting tons of time having to experiment?

On a related note, it seems that the only way to make badges work is by using a tile-able texture because the texture is clipped or tiled to encompass the containing text which may differ in size by browser and/or OS eg Firefox on Windows and Linux notice what happens when the "Registered" text wraps:

BadBadges.png

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Porky Gorky wrote:

Has search changed then Darius? Looks the same from where I am sitting....prefabs houses keywords etc. 

Massively changed, back on Feb 15th.

So that's what happened. My sales suddenly went to zero about then. They are slowly picking up again but it was a very sudden drop. I'm glad someone is following this, I haven't time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.