* IP replacements (revisited)

LibertyFlea Mahogany

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First. its almost impossible to find a way of replying to given answers. In this respect this forum is not quit users friendly.

Then I now get back on my former 'question' about the IP replacements:

I bought my items (dance animations) In world, at the shops ( Hemnations, and Akeyo) . Also, some of those dances I still have left, and these are all showing that those animations were made by the creators belonging to those shops.

So, do I understand well, that one cannot even trust thise shops to buy your items ?

3 answers to this question

Whenever you buy anything -- whether it's in SL, somewhere else on line, or loose in RL -- you always run that risk.  You could always be the innocent receiver of stolen goods.  If so, and if the rightful owner stepped forward and complained, the authorities would confiscate the property. 

You can either go through life worrying about whether everything you buy has been stolen, or you can reflect on the fact that most of the things you buy aren't.  Personally, I find it easier on my nerves and moral outlook to believe that most people are honest.  When I find one that isn't, I can afford some moments of outrage and disappointment, but my basic faith is unshaken.

BTW, I share Maddy's general sentiments about how screwed up the feedback system here is, but I remind myself that Answers is not a forum.  It is a quick Q&A system designed for answering residents' questions about how SL works (or why it doesn't), not a discussion area.  For that, we have General Discussion.

• Like 1

I would guess that someone filed a false DMCA claim against those shops.  They are, as you say, highly respected and have been around for a long time.  If those merchants submit a counter-claim, your dances will most likely be restored, but you'll have to be patient.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.