Annie Schonbrun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my older XT computer using a Phoenix view, my avatar looks great. Everybody else is grey, but mine looks good.  I have since moved to a Windows 8 platform, downloaded the new SL viewer and the Firestorm viewer.  My avatar will not come out of rez state on either viewer  on multiple computers I have tried.

????  What to do????

No wonder everyone looks grey to you. Are you saying you use the old phoenix viewer?

Well, that viewer hasn't been updated for more than a year and can't handle server side baking, which results in everyone being grey to you. So moving to a different viewer is the first step to slove your problem.

Since I'm not familiar with the XT computer or what other computers you tried using Second Life on, it could be that none of them is able to run SL _or_ that your internet connection isn't stable enough (are you using a wireless connection?) or maybe one of the things you wear got corrputed in which case it might help to switch to a different outfit/avatar to make you rez again.

Annie Schonbrun wrote:

On my older XT computer using a Phoenix view, my avatar looks great. Everybody else is grey, but mine looks good.  I have since moved to a Windows 8 platform, downloaded the new SL viewer and the Firestorm viewer.  My avatar will not come out of rez state on either viewer  on multiple computers I have tried.

????  What to do????

Because your saying your on Windows 8 now, I am guessing you got a new computer. You said you downloaded and installed the latest viewer. What I would suggest is start from scratch with your avatar, change everything, your skin, shape, everything. See if that helps any. And sometimes after changing like that its good to log off and back on again if you are having any problems at all.

Good luck, and report back if you still have problems. Also tell us what your system is so we will know what your working with.

• 2 weeks later...

Annie Schonbrun wrote:

I have tried the new sl viewer on a dell windows 7 platform and an asus windows 8 machine.  On neither will my avatar rez. 

Withought system specs very hard to give any advice.

Also, are they both on the same modem?  Could be a firewall blocking some info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.