Prim Counts?

YT Upsilon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Newbie Alert!

I tried searching "prim count", but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. Basically:-

Is there any way of working out the prim count of an object?

Also do the things in your inventory count towards the prim allowance on a piece of land, or just those things that are placed on the land?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Hey YT.

First, the items that remain in your inventory do NOT count towards your prim count, only the items that you REZ on your parcel.  Regarding the actual prim count of the objects themselves.. AFAIK there is no way to determine in advance of rezing it (e.g. a property you could look at for the object while it is still in your inventgory) how many prims an item is going to use when you rez it.  The only way to determine how many prims an object/link set is using would be to REZ it and then look at the GENERAL tab of the edit object window, there it will tell you how many prims the object uses.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

great reply from xander

i just would like to add a little something i always do when in doubt of an objects prim count/size/omgwhatisthisthing before i rez it - i wear it. you can then while in edit mode determine the objects prim count on the build menu floater.

i wouldn't recommend uncritically wearing anything a stranger gave you, though...

• Like 1

Rezz the item, right click on the item--Edit--will show prim count of the item.  This will not work for clothes but then it doesn't have too, only for prim clothing like belts, boots, certain skirt parts, collars, cuffs, etc.

Any item rezzed will count toward your total prim count.

Any item worn will NOT count toward your total prim count.

Items in inventory which are not rezzed will not count toward prims.

Thanks everyone.  Good tip on wearing an item (I have done that unwittingly several times already, and I have to say boxes do not look good on me) It's really good to know ref the inventory because I just can't resist picking stuff up - banana guns, rolling pins, pokemon slippers etc. At my age I really should know better. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.