About sellers of goods....

isis Grashnar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering how and where do i check for the reputation of a seller? I found this shop curious kitties, and i love the hair styles. They also sell huds that change the color and or accents of the hair. Before i spend my money i would like to have some info to determine if its worth the investments. There are 3 huds available at 700L$ a piece.

Also how and where do i review a product myself and check reviews of products?

Thank you for all the assistance.

6 answers to this question

Here are a couple of suggestions:

Do they have a demo of the hairstyles and HUDS?  If so, try that.

Do a search for the vendor on the Market place (click the shopping button at the top of your page and navigate to the market place.  Sometimes people write reviews there.  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Curious-Kitties-Nyanotech-09-2A-Color-Change-Hair-HUD/403553

Do a regular google search for "vendor name review" that might lead you to fashion blogs with reviews

Join the vendor's group and ask for advice there

Hope this helps!

PS - You can review products on the Marketplace but I think only if you purchased the item thru the marketplace (not inworld).  You could start your own blog as well.

Message was edited by: Jessika.Rang the PS

• Like 1

Thank you, everything you said was very helpful. I never really thought of doing a google search for sl stuff. I thought maybe there was something where most venders were listed and then you can see from there what people say about there products and business practices. I never really noticed the review tab when i was looking at stuff on the marketplace. Thanks again for your help.

You can check on the Marketplace to see if the creator has the same things for sale there & occasionally previous customers will have posted reviews.

There is no 100% accurate way to determine the reputation of a buisness. I could say the amount of time that the creator has been in SL or if they have a huge shop on their own sim with tons of different items would be a clue, but in reality that doesn`t guarantee anything & you could just as easily get a new resident with excellent products in a tiny little shop in a mall.

Thank you for that tip. I learned that lesson the hard way. I know better now. I use to just buy stuff that i thought looked good and then it wouldnt fit my avi ar looked just ugly on me. I would just delete it. Then i found out you could adjust the size and fit of things. I hate to think of the money i deleted.

*hard learned lessons are not soon forgotten*

Thanks again.

isis Grashnar wrote:

They also sell huds that change the color and or accents of the hair.

Nothing to add on your actual question, but something to beware of with resize/colour-change scripts especially in hair or other high-primcount objects:

There should be ONE script in the hair and ONE in the HUD.  There may be two or three in each and, yeah, that's ok.  If there are hundreds of scripts - eg; one per prim - then you can have loads of trouble with script-limits, lag, teleports and the like - or cause it for anyone around you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.