My avatar has been a cloud for 2 days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Randomly I logged in yesterday and my av had newbie hair and skin. I relogged and it said my clothes were still loading. I waited it out and today I tried to sign on I'm still a cloud and if I change the settings to not be a cloud, I'm in newbie hair and skin again.

It wont let me edit appearance and nothing is happening, I teleporting in and out of my home hoping to load and nothing is happening. I am very annoyed. What can I do?

8 answers to this question

ok, first, what viewer are you using. This problem is usually because your puter and the SL server are not connecting up. First try TPing to a different sim. If that doesn't work then the best way I have found to fix the problem is this.

1. If you don't have the 1.23 SL viewer download it and then log in to a different sim, such as Pooley. To do this, on your log in screen go to edit, preferences and then check Show start location on login screen. You can then go down and type in Pooley.

2. change your bald cap. If you aren't wearing one, you can find one in your inventory. That seems to be what fixes it the fastest for me.

3, Under advanced (hit ctlr, alt, D to get it up) go character and test male or female, that will put you back to the default SL avi.

4. Now, you should be able to wear your original skin and avi. Be sure you let your inventory load completely before you sign out.

5. Now sign in on your regular viewer.

Good luck

Your avatar has not downloaded

First try rebaking a few times (ctrl alt R) this may work or may turn you into "Ruth"

Next, go to your debug settings menu (ctrl alt shift S) and paste in: RenderUnloadedAvatar , set to TRUE

If neither of these get you back to normal, there are a couple more things you can try:

Method 1

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.

Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair, huds etc and a basic shirt and pair of pants.

Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

Method 2

Reset your avvie to default

Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)

or

Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

Depending which viewer you are on.

After whichever method works, you will need to put yourself back together with your usual parts, although after method 2 this will take more time than with method 1

Hi I have a question about  Appearnce it wont come on at all . I come on yesturday in I was find. in a hours I come back on in I was a ghost in I let my avi sit there about 35 mins in nothing happen still the some thing .in my shaped in my skins in I am still a ghost I need Help ????

Thanks  Kat Finirsa

A lot of thanks for your answer, I has the same problem, my avatar has been in newbie for a long time, I try to do several things, but nothing was happen until I read your message:

Ctrl + Alt + Q --- avatar --- caracter test --- female--- EUREKA!!!!!!!!!  I´m back again.   THANKS YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.