What will be the changes in second life 2015 ?

bateliii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've seen on different sites that people are talking about a new second life in 2015. I don't know what exactly will change.

Our avatars will change without prior notice ?

the marketplace will be deleted and all the work of talented artists will be deleted too ?

our Inventory and chat will show on the screen ?

The world would be ugly or quality much more than now ?

What will be the changes in the game ?

I'm afraid that everything will be different not like what I expected.

4 answers to this question

Hi bateliii,

I doubt even LL knows what this new world will be like. They're still designing it.

I'm reminded of watching my Father hand carve things out of wood when young.

Me: Dad? What are you carving?

Dad: What do you think I'm carving?

Me: It looks like it might be a duck.

Dad: I can't wait to find out if you're right. You have a good eye.

Ebbe Linden has said that LL's goal is to make something that will lure us all away from SL because it's better. That's really about all the enticement I need. If they're successful, it won't matter how it's done. If they're unsuccessful, it won't matter how it's done.

Wasn't SL different than anything you expected? It was for me. We're both still here, so we must have liked it!

Why not look forward to the same thing happening again?

;-).

• Like 4

All you said is related to the new SL what might come to the beta state in 2015/16. Many things are just silly of your list. BUT for the SL we know will only be some minor changes and bug fixes going on. There might be some new features tho, but there is an unwritten rule in SL made by LL. Since SL exists no new feature has broke any content. So the new features that might come up to the actual SL will be developed under this rule. This rule also makes it difficult to deploy new things. For example: There is still the old system hair, which is only used by a small number of residents now and because of that, it will be there till the end of this SL. You should also read the comments carefully and be aware, some are only guessing around and some people always tend to see all worse as it will be at all. No one knows for sure about many things for now and thats the only truth thats pretty true;)

• Like 1

hi

yes there will be change

but it will be the graphics side of SL

and may even move to a 3D SL, this will mean that lots of people will be unable to log on, as a more powerful computer will be needed.

personally I hope SL stay on track and deal with the rules in game as so much change is needed there and the control of scripting within game.

so many people log into the game and find they do not like it due to the lag and attacks.

this is a international game, and need real time laws.

two of my computer have been burn out by attacks using scripting on me, and there no support or redress.

the last computer was so badly attack it to slow to be use for SL

over heating of hardware due the lagging of sim, need attentions

yes things have to change or Sl will die

hope you enjoy SL and keep on working, your work is safe, or you can more it to inworldz.

as that hopefully will stay 2D for us less able, who live on low incomes.

good luck

byee

Looking for more information, I found that in http://gorfail.com/?p=2934:

• LL resources will be going into the new platform and they won’t focus on updating Second Life for too much longer. They’re hiring 50 more people at LL. 

• New users will be headed over to the new game, and won’t bother with the original SL. Bye bitches.

• Exporting your inventory over to the new version is highly unlikely. RIP flexi **bleep**.

• There’s a new engine on the new game, which means if you’re running in low frames on SL, expect it to be lower on the new SL. Maybe it’s time for a computer upgrade.

• The Oculus Rift (a really awesome Virtual Reality Headset) will be compatible, but not required. The Oc Rift will cost under $300.00. Some spend that on virtual clothes in a week.

• The new SL will have a new platform and gaming engine. Imagine a fully customizable combat system in every sim. Say goodbye to the Gorean Meter. 

• It will not be open source. No Firestorm. No Singularity. No Snowglobe. You’ll be forced to use the Linden Labs viewer which will likely be much better than the one they currently have out for SL 1.0.

• There’s a rumor that Linden Labs will take a 10% cut of all sales in the new game. But your sales will likely increase drastically due to the large influx of new people to mitigate the 10%.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.