Textual abuse from well known SL retailer

Sammi Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been on SL for nearly 8 years and seen a lot of changes.  But tonight on here, after asking a group associated with this retailers products, for assistance.  I recieved from the owner of a particular brand of avatar associated products so much bad language and insults that I actually felt asaulted.  I would really like to ask for help in asking for redress or even making others know about this persons lack of manners and texted bad language.  Over a few years now I have purchsed his products as I felt they were very good.  I asked some of the group members for help over a particular problem and they were kind and very helpful.  However, tonight I received an IM from him he was very insulting and his language was disgusting.  I was able to keep myself responing in kind in the hope that he would see I ment no offence.  This did not work and sadly he just lost it completely. 

I kept a textual record of his ranting and would like to complain about him buttttttttttt how do we do it?

Thank you and sincere regards

There's an Abuse Report category that deals with verbal abuse; use that, putting a sample of the abuse in the description.

However, if it was just a one-time thing and you're not sure whether it's something Linden Lab would consider, then simply chalk it up to having met yet another jerk (that he might be somewhat popular is essentially irrelevant to LL, and anyway if he displays the same bad attitude to others, it will only be to his business' disadvantage) and move on.

Ren Toxx wrote:

There's an Abuse Report category that deals with verbal abuse; use that, putting a sample of the abuse in the description.

However, if it was just a one-time thing and you're not sure whether it's something Linden Lab would consider, then simply chalk it up to having met yet another jerk (that he might be somewhat popular is essentially irrelevant to LL, and anyway if he displays the same bad attitude to others, it will only be to his business' disadvantage) and move on.

This ^^^   Exactly.  

There are people who will be big jerks.  Some of those people also run businesses.  Unless the verbal abuse is egregious, I doubt LL will be interested.  Just like in RL if a store owner yells and curses at a customer, not much anyone can do about it, except never shop there again.  (and tell others about the bad experience)   There's no laws, or rules, that say people must behave in a civil and kind manner toward one another.  But, it sure would be lovely if people did.

• 1 month later...

Oh gosh thank you Ren.

I note what you have been kind enough to put in but to be a pain in bum can you tell me where I can find that particular Abuse Report Category in SL.

MANY thanks for your  help in this mater and I've saved all the gory text so will take it forward.

Regards with thanks from Samantha,

Sammi Boa wrote:

Oh gosh thank you Ren.

I note what you have been kind enough to put in but to be a pain in bum can you tell me where I can find that particular Abuse Report Category in SL.

MANY thanks for your  help in this mater and I've saved all the gory text so will take it forward.

Regards with thanks from Samantha,

"Harassment > verbal abuse" is an obsolete abuse report category. some TPVs still list it.

the closest category in the current set is "Harassment > Targeted behavior intended to disrupt".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.