Sign in to follow this  
dragonpink Fairymeadow

Concerns about downgrading to basic with an older avi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

dragonpink Fairymeadow wrote:

I have a fairly old basic avatar that I was considering finally upgrading to premium, but stopped short when a friend of mine, whose avatar is about the same age, wondered what would happen if I went back to basic. See, the avatar is old enough that it already gets a minor weekly stipend. I'm concerned that if I upgrade to premium and then downgrade later, I'll lose that minor stipend. Yeah, it's only 50L a week, but free L is free L, you know?

I looked around and couldn't really find anything on this, but if I just didn't look closely enough to find my answer, I'm very sorry.

Besides losing the stipend, you lose certain levels of support and the ability to buy mainland sims. I went basic after 2 1/2 years of being premium, the lost support is all I notice.

I guess the Linden home would be lost also but I never had one.

7 answers to this question

dragonpink Fairymeadow wrote:

I have a fairly old basic avatar that I was considering finally upgrading to premium, but stopped short when a friend of mine, whose avatar is about the same age, wondered what would happen if I went back to basic. See, the avatar is old enough that it already gets a minor weekly stipend. I'm concerned that if I upgrade to premium and then downgrade later, I'll lose that minor stipend. Yeah, it's only 50L a week, but free L is free L, you know?

I looked around and couldn't really find anything on this, but if I just didn't look closely enough to find my answer, I'm very sorry.

Besides losing the stipend, you lose certain levels of support and the ability to buy mainland sims. I went basic after 2 1/2 years of being premium, the lost support is all I notice.

I guess the Linden home would be lost also but I never had one.

For reference, my account is a basic account that falls under this basic  account criteria: "Basic accounts created prior to June 6, 2006  receive a stipend of L$50  per week".

All I want to know is: if I go to premium and then downgrade back to basic at some random point in time in the future, will I lose access to this 50L a week stipend once my account is basic again?

Hi dragonpink,

I've upgraded and downgraded a few times..and when I downgraded I still got the 50L per week. I'm premium again so getting the 500L per week stipend now. So no you won't lose the 50L per week based on my experience. I was getting the 50L before I upgraded and that was about a week ago. And I downgraded previous to that. My account is from Oct 2005.

Rowana

""Basic accounts created prior to June 6, 2006  receive a  stipend of L$50  per week".

If it's in the TOS or somewhere else official, it shouldn't matter if you downgrade later.  you get that 50L/week regardless.  If something goes weird, and you *stop* getting it, you should be able to file a ticket and get the stipend reinstated.

I've never actually seen this, but this is my interpretation of the rules.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.