Please try fix this bug before you release Experience tools viewer

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My experience uses melee weapons in Third Person view to bash things and find gifts. Im currently using a HUD that you must click to swing a weapon because there is a bug with 'CONTROL_LBUTTON' that casues anyone with 'Move to clicked point' enabled to get stuck in a 'button held' loop event. I would rather people did not have to click a button on a HUD in order to swing a weapon so is there any chance this can get looked into?

LL have highlighted this bug in their Cornfield Experience. Simply enable 'single click on land: Move to clicked point' and you will no longer be able to play the experience.

Here is my Jira entry 'https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-6772'

@BlackMagic, thanks for you suggestion, although this bug actually has nothign to do with the experience tools really.  Experiences can be accessed with the main viewer already, but does not have the management tools yet.

As for the Bug, the Issue is 'move to clicked point' action stays in a 'Held Click event loop' and wont release unless you click on an object that starts another click event. The 'Held Click event loop' should end once avatar reaches the clicked point, but does not. ITS SO FRUSTRATING... BUT me and my friend Richardus have finally figured out a work around, its not ideal but Newbs will now be able to play my game xD.

I have confirmed this bug.  The reason this is troublesome is because it is a default setting in the SL viewer.  A good experience shouldn't include, "Oh, before you can play, be sure to go to Me > Prefs > Move > etc... and disable this."  This is not directly related to the Experience Tools project, however, now that we have Experience Tools, stuff like this is gonna popup because we're creating melee experiences that don't follow tranditional SL ways of gaming in the past! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.