Places to fly a Jet or Helicopter?

Vandris

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm new to second life. There's many things I could say about the game but I've found something worth my while and that's flying in the game. It's fun atleast spending time in the limited space of sand boxes but I was curious if there are larger areas that are flight friendly. I have a ban line hud and flying on the main land is like playing Tetris. Also doesn't help when Sims load and your aircraft goes buggy in between the lines. Even at top altitudes you deal with the same problems. The games old and has more bugs than Joes apartment and I get it but is there atleast one place that you can explore safely while flying?

You're welcome.

The main problem is that airplanes are a bit too fast for the open spaces available, but helicopters are just fine. Anyway, if you keep flying over water, I'm sure you can do it for hours. :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Any of the mainland oceans should work, plenty of airports in SL to use too. Just watch out on sim crossings. Don't cross sims via sim corner if you can avoid it and most definitely keep your script count as low as you can. I personally tend to freak out if I have more than 10 scripts on me while using a vehicle.

If you do fly over land, you'll have to be high enough to avoid banlines and you'll still occasionally run into land owners who will eject without warning.

Thank you for the tips. I went out to the sea as linked and suggested. Took my planes and heli out but kept running into wierd issues. I'd be able to fly smooth for a bit then my Chopper would start doing spins and going in circles. When I flew in my jet it would just keep going. After a few minutes I'd see my avatar floating with no Jet or Helicopter and I'd either be stuck in the sky or sitting on the sea floor. Any ideas on what might be going on?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.