Tunnels?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Underneath the base terrain level? No. You can't have anything with its origin below the terrain at that point, even if the terrain either side of it is lower.

The only solution is to lower the terrain level then build an artificial terrain over it, with the tunnel in that of course.

I know, I wanted to do something similar myself.

If you have a look underground in SL you will notice that the ground is just a thin shell without any thickness. There is nothing below the shell besides Linden water. Underground is an empty void. Therefore digging tunnels into SL ground is impossible - there is nothing in what to dig into. To be able to do so the ground should have volume, be solid.

Thus the only way to make tunnels would be to make them with prims or sculpties or mesh.

Coby Foden wrote:

If you have a look underground in SL you will notice that the ground is just a thin shell without any thickness.
There is nothing below the shell besides Linden water. Underground is an empty void
. Therefore digging tunnels into SL ground is impossible - there is nothing in what to dig into. To be able to do so the ground should have volume, be solid.

Thus the only way to make tunnels would be to make them with prims or sculpties or mesh.

It's just a...a....shell? There's nothing under us? It's all...................FAKE?

omg omg omg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.