Implement an inworld text/image editor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it would be a great feature to be able to add text to objects and textures whilst inworld. Sometimes I want to create a quick sign or notice and it would be great to be able to upen up the Build window and as well as being able to apply a texture to a prim, be able to click another box which access a window where you can write text to be overlayed. It would save having to open up Photoshop, create new document, write the document, save it , upload it etc.  Maybe a simple image editor inworld would also be useful.

I wonder how difficult this would be to implement. Perhaps LL could look at this for SL V2?

I kinda like this idea. Current methods to add changeable text in-world are clunky, to say the least, and most rely not only on heavy scripting but also on a specific typography; and while you can probably upload your own as textures, the scripted part is no less cumbersome for it.

I guess it all comes down to why we don't have rich text (bold, italic, underscore, hyperlinks, text sizes, paragraph types, fonts, etc.) in notecards either. It is indeed something LL should try to implement for a future SL.

A basic inworld texture editor is probably the number one thing LL could do to encourage new creation of objects. Ideally realtime painting on a 3d object would be possible, but I know that's likely too complex to include in the viewer. Even a simple 2d paint system would be really helpful for signs, or working with texture maps for objects inworld. Local textures are good to an extent, but sometimes it's a pain to have to switch out of SL for something simple like making a sign or such.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.