How do I get my received items folder to reappear (with my purchased items)?

Kyrah Rosewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm using the default SL viewer and my 'Received Items' folder is nowhere to be found (it's not in the regular folder list nor the bottom of the panel and search yields no matching results). I've used it previously and now marketplace purchases essentially disappear seemingly into oblivion because I cannot access them (again search does not work). I've lost real money here so my patience is getting thin. I essentially cannot use marketplace at all anymore and some sellers only post their wares there. I've tried clearing my cache as well and restarting the client. No similar threads on here have offered advice that have helped resolve the problem :( This seems like a very seriously bug that tech support should address. What can I do to fix my avatar?

EDIT: It looks like I can't respond to my own question. I ended up reinstalling the viewer and then purchasing a freebie demo from the marketplace. As it turns out, it looks like my 'Received Items' folder got stuck 2 levels down into other folders. Not sure how that happened or why it wasn't responding to searches, but maybe the fresh install helped resolve that. Thank you for your quick responses! I do appreciate :)

2 answers to this question

Your viewer may have a preference setting that hides empty system folders.  If so, and if there is nothing in Received Items, it won't be visible.

But if that's not it, then the first thing to try is a CLEAN REINSTALL of your viewer.  Then log in to an empty region like Smith, Pooley, or Heckendorf, and WAIT PATIENTLY for your inventory to re-load.  If this does not fix the problem, you'll need to file a Support Case with Linden Lab, using the Help/Support section of this web site.

Note that you will have to be a Premium member to get this level of tech support.  If you are not Premium, you might consider investing in a one month subscription in order to get help for your problem.

EDIT:  I would try submitting your support case initially as a Marketplace issue..."I'm not receiving anything I purchase, because I don't have a Received Items folder."  This may work, without having to buy a Premium subscription!

You do not need to do a clean install, but that may fix the problem... there is a fix.

BUG-5874 – Received Items Folder Vanished — when forced to appear, repeats normal inventory instead of MP purchases.

The fix for the problem appears to be to buy something from the market place. In inventory click to show RECENT items. The Received Folder will show up. Move it to the main system folder: My Inventory. Those using the SL Viewer say this works. I don’t plan to test it.

You can move the Received Folder into trash and discard. Whirly says you can buy something and the Received Items Folder will re-create itself. But describes the FIX this way:

To Fix - Once the last DD [Direct Delivery] purchase has been made, this forces received items folder to show in Recent items – if it doesn’t show, in recent tab, go to filters and set back an hour or so or reset filters or choose always show folders. Then drag received items folder back into its correct place within the My Inventory window and relog.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.