why cant i hear ambient sounds?

coolestvox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My ambient sounds went away and i want them back!

Well i tried all the obvious things yesterday...did a clean install today...nothing.

I downloaded Firestorm viewer and all the sounds play perfectly!!!! YAY...Jeeze, firestorm is awful looking though...just nasty grahics.

5 answers to this question

Check in Preferences >> Sound to be sure that you haven't somehow UNticked the box the enables them.  Also, check your volume sliders (upper right corner of the screen, in the drop-down menu), to be sure you haven't shoved the slider all the way to the left. And, of course, check to be sure that you are in an area that has ambient sounds.  Many don't, or they have them at such low volume that you can't hear them well.

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue, checked the stuff mentioned above and there isnt even a box to tick next to ambient sounds anymore... 

Update: it's just my headset that doesnt play them, but without my headset I cant use the voice chat.

Edited by CPAmeeGraceCaelum
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2014 at 5:21 PM, coolestvox said:

Also..did a clean install of viewer. Today i downloaded Firestorm viewer and the sounds work perfectly

This suggests something is corrupt in your SL viewer installation. Try another clean install, and be sure it really IS clean and that all traces of the viewer have been removed before re-installing. See:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.