If someone gave me money to gamble are they entitled to the winnings?

Tara Emodemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone gave me money to gamble with but never stated that i needed to give them ALL of the winnings if i won until after i won. Am i only required to give him back what he gave me to play and is it considered stealing if i keep the winnings even though the money never touched his account or only if i kept the amount he gave me?

5 answers to this question

Tara,

Your Transaction History will show you were given a Gift of Lindens. Did you accept a NC with conditions tied to the Gift?

You did the work. Feel free to keep the winnings. If you have a bitty moral streak in your person, you might return the original Gift amount in kind.

• Like 2

There is no rule that says that you need to share the winnings.  However, there IS a rule against gambling in SL.  You have been violating the TOS.  It would be a good idea to stop before the Lindens notice ( perhaps a little late, now that you have announced this in a public forum, but fortunately the Lindens rarely visit here ).  :smileywink:

• Like 4

All I can say is "read the policy". If the game involves chance, it's not allowed. You can be suspended or banned. The thing is, Linden Lab and the recreational Internet in general are always being watched by the feds and by state authorities for everything from money laundering to tax evasion. SL can be shut down if the IRS or Congress decides the Linden Lab isn't being serious about discouraging gambling on line.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.