Couple of questions regarding skins

Ophira Quillitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone.

Does your make up depend of what skin you have (as in you can only change your make up if you change your skin)?

Do your shape features change if you change your skin?

I would like to know before I drop any more L on my looks if there are more cost effective alternatives. Thanks so much.

6 answers to this question

Makeup is part of the skin, with the exception of prim eyelashes, eyebrow shape, and nail/toe polish on the glove/socks layer.  So, yes, to get different colors of eyeshadow or lipstick, you have to change your skin.  (Unless the skin is modify, then you can change the tint... somewhat.  However, that's never going to look as good as skins with makeup already applied.)

Your skin doesn't change your shape, they are two different things.  However, your shape will affect the appearance of your skin, and you may want to tweak it to get the best effect with each skin you wear.  I don't suggest spending much money on shapes, they are very easy to modify using the sliders in Appearance mode.  Get a freebie shape that is in the ballpark of what you want, make sure it's copy/mod, then start tweaking until you get what you want.  (Or just build one from scratch.)

the make up is part of the skin ...however if you have a higher quality skin you can change it somewhat if the the skinner makes so you can do modificationst...your shape doesn't change with the skin...only the shading changes and depending on the skin your look may be completely different even if your wearing the same shape...making your own skins might be the way to go if your looking to save money

I agree with everybody else....don't spend too much money and for sure not on a shape. 

I personally think a quality skin is the base to everything.  If you like yours now, keep it.    Spend the time moding your shape.  Your shape can change your look so much and that's what will set you apart from everybody else.  And yeah.....make sure the shape you are starting out with is full perm or at least modifiable.

My best friend and I worked on my shape for more than a month before we thought it was good.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Ophira.Quillitch wrote:

So any facial adjustments, like eyes, lips, etc. are modifications made to the shape?

if you mean thin or thick lips, wide or narrow mouth, high or low, arched or not, pointed or not eyebrows yes.  some of that is how the skin is drawn/painted but it can be affected by the sliders too.  the eyebrows are a special case as they are actually a part of the 'system hair' which is usually made with all the sliders for head hair set to make it disappear and wear prim hair, and sliders to set for controlling eyebrow shape.  that saves and is worn as a separate item from the body shape, so you can have different eyebrow shapes with the same body/face shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.