Openspace region~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Stakie Junibalya wrote:

Are we able to rent them? I have actually never seen one available. I would guess they are not all too popular.. but never to see one at all?

So, since I didn't find much on them.. does anyone know? Are they out there and available just like other rentals?

Thanks so much,

Stakie

Doubtful you will find too many people renting theirs out, those that have them that is.  They are extremely limited in what you can do on them, and extremely strict on what you can't.  They are not ideal for : residence, building, events, businesses. They cannot be listed in classifieds or events at all, have a limit of 10 avatars and 750 prims as well. They're good for a stretch of water, a small forest, or something of that nature. However the scripting can easily cause performance issues on them, and LL will not help with performance issues on openspace sims if you go beyond very light use.

They are not popular at all.

The SL land store says they are for scenic use only.  They are intended to be used connected to another sim or sims, not as stand alone sims.  For this reason you probably won't be able to rent one unless you also rent a regular or homestead sim.  Even then they'd be rare but a large land company may be willing to put one next to a sim you rent from them. 

Most people that have them own their own sim and use them strictly for private use or a landlord may have one or more available for all tenants to use for recreational purposes such as sailing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.