Re: Sim Being Moved and Inventory Lost

Janus Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Janus.Rhiadra wrote:

Our sim was sold, and the land we are on is going to be moved to another region. Does anyone have any experience with this and whether or not I need to be very worried about loosing items on my land?

Hopefully you're new SIM owner will honour previous agreements! Yes, would be a good idea to pick up "No copy" items until things are clarified.

• Like 1

Janus.Rhiadra wrote:

Our sim was sold, and the land we are on is going to be moved to another region. Does anyone have any experience with this and whether or not I need to be very worried about loosing items on my land?

Janus -

Any items that you lose will have nothing to do with the move, and everything to do with the new owner.

I don't know if you are familiar with what we call here in the states "mobile homes" or "trailers" but this is the best example I can think of.

If you lived in a mobile home and someone moved it to a new park, you would still have your home and all the stuff.

If you gave someone you didn't know keys to your home, would you put your valuables away first?

If sounds to me like someone you don't know (the new sim owner), now has keys to your home (the sim).

There is no reason for them to return or delete your prims, but it could happen.

Good luck!

Lizard Howl

Segarra Estates Owner

• Like 1

I have been involved in several cases where ownership of a sim changed hands, and the new owner had the sim relocated to another spot on the grid.

The move itself does nothing to sim contents. Every prim will remain where it was.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, the new sim owner can easily restrict sim access, reclaim all the parcels, set them to a new group, and/or return every item in the sim as a coallesced mess.

I strongly recommend contacting the new sim owner ASAP, and making sure they do not intend to do anything harmful to your posessions or parcel.

Some responsible new sim owners, when they inherit a sim that has tenants on it, will attempt to honor the previous rental agreements for the parcels. But they are under NO obligation to do so, whatsoever. You have never paid the new sim owner a single L$. From their standpoint, everyone in the sim is a squatter on their new land. If they bought the sim to turn it into their private vampire castle, they have every right to do that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.