we have filed reports on ppl why dont lindens do some thing

Celina Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Linden Lab investigates all Abuse Reports but will not apply a sanction unless there has clearly been a TOS violation involved. Please note that the TOS (Sect. 6) says "We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users." In general, that means you will need to settle any personal differences between you and other residents yourself.  There is nothing inherently wrong with another resident making a name similar to yours.

People can make a Display Name that looks just like your user name, or your Display Name.  There is no law against it, unless your last name is "Linden."

This is unfortunate.

Unless they are doing something ELSE with the deceptive name, such as scamming people out of money, or getting you banned from places, you can't Abuse Report them just for the name alone.

Your best response is to Mute the offenders, and be sure to tell your friends to check twice and make sure the person they are dealing with is really you.

After many years in SL, I truly believe the Lindens want us to to simply grief people back.  The best way to do that is to buy weapon systems in the marketplace and use them.  Anyone in an area where war breaks out can teleport somewhere else, and those who stay can go all out with everything they have till people calm down and get bored.  I truly believe that is what is expected of us.  Owners of sims of course have other options... they can ban, but no one else can... so there you go.

I've filed a couple dozen abuse reports in the last month for chat spam, and I still see the same people doing it over a month later. Granted we aren't going to hear back on the results of a report filed, but lately it seems that Linden Lab is unwilling or unable to do anything about reports filed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.