Can't invite someone to private island?

CarneyInc Mint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to invite one of my friends to a private island which I have control of. So far, neither offering to teleport him to where I am or giving him an SLURL has worked. I have tried putting him on the lands "allowed" list, as well as allowing public access but neither has worked. Can anyone tell me how I can invite him to the private island?

20 answers to this question

Age verification or sim maturity settings aren't the only things that prevent people from accessing regions... a person can be prevented entry due to account verification also.  Example, if the land preferences allow for residents with a verified payment method only and this person doesn't have that on file, it could be a reason.

From the KB:

I can get there, but my friends can't!

• Make sure either Allow Public Access or Allow Group Access are enabled, or individual names are added to the Allowed Residents list in the Access tab of the About Land window. If you choose to limit access to a certain group, make sure your friends are in the group!
  • In the About Land window's Options tab, it's possible to set Teleport Routing to Blocked. You might be able to get around this by teleporting into a neighboring parcel and walking or flying in.
  • If your land is in a private Region, verify that the Region either has Allow Direct Teleport enabled in the Estate tab of the Region/Estate window, or a Telehub set up.
  • If your land is in a private Region, make sure either Allow Public Access is enabled, or individual people or groups are added to the Allowed Residents or Allowed Groups lists in the Estate tab of the Region/Estate window
  • Residents who cannot enter your land should check theirmaturity settings in the Preferences window. Let your friends know howyour Region is rated so they will know which Preference to set, or theycan look up the Region on the map and view the Region maturity.

What was not explained was "how" the person was invited.  There are several ways"

1. Offer a TP - that is most direct and will by-pass any sim settings restrictions.  (An example, sims may have a preset Landing Point that only owners may bypass; unless a TP is offered.  TP are SL way of getting a friend right next to you, so the system ignores most restrictions (except adult ratings).

2. Drop a LandMark - LM on the residents profile page, or drag the LM from your inventory window into a IM chat window with that person.  Now - this could fail for a very good reason.....the LM is out of date.   IF  the sim was moved (Yes they do get moved) so the LM is referring to a former location.  The coordinates for the sim may be the same, but the 'universal coordinates' will have changed.  That is a definite way for a LM not to work.

3. The sim may be very full of scripts and the servers - both the one your friend is on, and  yours - cannot manage the additional scripts.  Having a bunch of hair with modifying scripts could be offending.  This is a very good possiblity why one person may have problems.  This is most likely a long shot, but it is a possiblility.

Message was edited by: Leal Choche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.