Security Question!

Dresella Joubert

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Security Question: 

Does anyone know how to make a sky platform secure to the point where the local chat and voice chat cannot be seen and so that the AVs that are there cannot be seen?  I want to block the ability to cam into my home and I want to block my chat from being picked up by a chat extender.  My personal home is in the air above other structures on my land and I don't want what I say and do at my private residence to be seen/heard by other residents on sim.  

I have an orb so no one can be ON my property...but I need the ability to block camming and chat extenders and do not want my voicing to be heard either.

THANKS SL COMMUNITY!!:matte-motes-wink:

3 answers to this question

Hi Dresella,

Here's how you make yourself invisible/inaudible to those outside your parcel...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Hiding-avatars-and-restricting-avatar-sounds/ta-p/999779

There is no method beyond that to make yourself or your property invisible/inaudible to others. You cannot prevent camming, and you cannot prevent interception of local chat, other than by insuring that unwelcome avatars and chat extenders cannot get within 20m of those in your conversation. Restricing parcel access to whitelisted individuals solves the direct listening problem, blocking rez and object entry on your parcel takes care of chat extenders. Of course, you must take care never to wander within 20m of the parcel boarders to retain voice/chat privacy.

well you can use an orb or set the voice to a limit on the parcel. better is several orbs cause some ppl may be still able to fly into your house. also the camming into your home is not 100% safe. all they need to do is look on their radar and pick "cam to avatar" or "teleport to avatar" there r too many spy tools out there anyhow that u cant be too sure what all they can do so all u can do is make it as safe as u can

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.