Unpacked and ready to use ..... NOT!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Creators selling things in Marketplace please stop posting this misleading bit, majority of the time I have had to go to a sandbox or other sim allowing rezzing despite product page saying its unpacked and does not require opening at a sandbox, its very irritating, please stop this practice. Thanks.

bebejee wrote:

Creators selling things in Marketplace please stop posting this misleading bit, majority of the time I have had to go to a sandbox or other sim allowing rezzing despite product page saying its unpacked and does not require opening at a sandbox, its very irritating, please stop this practice. Thanks.

There is a setting in the item listing for marketers to use to specifiy if it requires land or not to unpack or if it comes as is.

Perhaps they simply forgot to check this item off, especially if they have been submitting multiple products in a short amount of time, it is easy to forget to check off certain attributes.

That being said, the best thing to do is send the creator a message so they can correct it in their listing, they may be unaware.

I personally only box items that are in sets or multiples, if it's a single item, I prefer to give as is, to eliminate one step.Most like to box stuff so they can include a notecard and landmark to their store etc.

Also, related to this - if creators still want to pack their creations in a box, please make it just that - a 1 prim box!  For those of us who own land but only keep a few prims spare, it's a nuisance to have to go to a sandbox to unpack a fancy mesh carrier bag with ribbons and flowers on just because it has too much land impact for our home!

I recently started to pack things to make it easier for me to move it all to caspervend, without having to deal with one thing being unpacked and the other packed. Also lets me post my group into chat...

but I use a shopping bag that you wear, and viola its in a folder :P Dropping things on the ground is old school! :P

You can blame LL for this one if you wish, depending on how old the listing is.

When the migration from magic boxes to direct delivery took place, many merchants just copied their box content to their merchant outbox but the default behavior from the migrated listings was to set the listing, to unpacked, ready to use.

For those merchants who were migrating hundreds or thousands of items, the burden on changing each would be too much.

Now, with a little hindsight, LL could have handled the default differently write readily. If the product contained just one object, chance would have been very high that the item was box and thus could have set the listing to indicate that it needed unboxing.

Similarly, if the uploaded content was anything more than a single box. It would be less likely to need unboxing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.