New Creator looking for bloggers / shows

Bongo Steampunk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Folks.

Just putting feelers out, been teaching myself how to create mesh assets for about 2 years - Got to the point of being able to produce rigged mesh clothing with a quality feel and now would like to get to know some fashion bloggers and hopefully make connections with fashion show/events organisers.

I will supply blogger packs to any bloggers who contact me, each time i create a new item i'll send out promo packs. If anyone can help me with regards to contacts about fashion shows/events I'd be delighted

Bongo.

LovedWarrior Quan wrote:

That's a good idea I tried the same but it turned me off when i saw bloggers offer that for like 4000L a month. Maybe I looked at just 1 or 2 and should have done more researches but decided not to thinking all will ask some kind of price. I will make my own blog soon
:)

Im surprised. I've had no bloggers ask for a price from me :|

Wow some bloggers charge designers to blog their stuff?  All these years I have been doing it wrong!!!!

My two lindens...

1.  Look around the feeds/Flickr and look for bloggers who fit the style of your stuff and send a NC asking if they would be interested in blogging your stuff.  They can only say no, right?

2.  Check out the Blogging SL site.  It has a directory of bloggers with their blog URLs so you can have a look and see if you like their work etc.  Some have review policies, check those out too.  

3.  Also check out Seraphim to see what events are going on and if you think your items would fit in, approach the event organiser about how to become part of it.  Some events have applications at their event site or on their websites.  

4.  As for shows - no idea on that sorry!

Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the info guys.

Yes I have a collection of images of my work, which as you kind ones are suggesting I am about to put together on flickr - something ive not used yet. Also this weekend going to get myself established with an MarketPlace [hope its not a big headache]  and begin to get myself in a position to be able to fire links about which will clearly demonstrate my style/quality.

Thanks for the seraphim links and so on - i'll check that out, by shows i mean events really, gacha events or anything similar where merchants get a place to sell to an audience.

All of the info you guys have provided is greatly appreciated :)

Bongo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.