Anyone Know What Is Up With The Phat Azz?

CandiAss1488304216

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There was some drama in their profile about them being accused of stealing the mesh for the product from someone at Renderosity. They had a set of screenshots to show this as false - but I guess they got shut down from a DCMA or something.

The product is a bit outdated now though. Several competitors have fitted mesh options. From the absurdly huge of Brazillia (I think that was the name) and vString, to the more normal of whoever makes 'ghetto booty' (ghetto booty's maker has to the side of their outdated ghetto booty product, a fitted mesh one that is the same size as the default avatar - but bends / animates better while also taking advantage of 'avatar physics' for the twerking community...).

These 'attachments' for T&A that are so popular are all going fitted mesh (in the 'T' category, there are 3 fitted options now on market - though one is unscripted and uses customer UV maps so can't be 'applied' to, and another from Brazillia I do not know. The vStrings one is easy to configure and indicates the future trend).

So if this product comes back, and isn't fitted, it probably won't last.

I just wish somebody could figure out 'fitted' for hands, so I could get mesh hands who's fingers bend with the poses in my AO... but I suspect this is not possible.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I just wish somebody could figure out 'fitted' for hands, so I could get mesh hands who's fingers bend with the poses in my AO... but I suspect this is not possible.

Not directly posible because the hand poses are mesh morphs.  There are no bones for the fingers, nothing to rig to.

However...it did occur to me that a script could read the currently playing animations and for the standard animations, do alpha flipping of alternate mesh poses.  It could end up heavy in the topology department though and it wouldn't work where hand poses were uploaded as part of another animation.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

that product is made from the LL avatar mesh, there has not been a DMCA takedown. the store is down for a rebuild.

The store owner's own profile said different last week.

As I noted, it stated an accusation was made, and there were then screenshots to show the accusation had no merit. The 'rebuild' may be the PR, but the other aspect is there and has been talked about.

If there's not been a DMCA or there has I don't know - that was just my theory as for the timing of the two things being together.

Gunner Grun wrote:

I dont think fitted mesh will take over for these things as fitted mesh follows the  SL body countour and you cant get the shape you want threw the edit shape controls. Thats why most people buy these things. IMO

Sorry to be pedantic but Fitted mesh does NOT follow the SL body contour at all.  It follows the inflate/deflate behaviour of the volume bones to which it's rigged.  Fitted mesh is a vague approximation to the body shape and isn't influenced by all the shape sliders in the same way that the avatar mesh is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.