Any Chance LL Will Sell Homesteads w/o Requiring Full Sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You're looking at an 1 in an billion chance here..

It's extremely unlikely in otherwords.

The only way this can be possible is to have someone who has an full-sim co-sponsor it for you in exchange of payment or rent it out weekly.

Also you don't need to be an preminum member to get these sims.

I don't know exactly what you would want with an homestead but i might be open to leasing you one depending on what you might be wanting to do with it. You can PM me if that interests you.

Gretchen Janick wrote:

Is there any chance that Linden Labs will change it's policy and sell homestead directly to premium members without requiring ownership of a full sim as well?

This has been asked (and ignored) from the very first day HomeSteads cane into existence.  :(

You also have to remember that when homesteads first became available, they were hugely popular, then LL realised that their cost model for hardware didn't stack up to support the demand.

Then they increased the pricing twice from the original $75, reduced performance and the number of avatars that one could host, just to cap the demand.

Won't happen.

If it ever happens, I expect it would be at a very much higher price than would be charged a full-sim-owning Estate for the same Homestead.

At every opportunity, I try to hint that this would make sense. Basically, give all Estates the old, "grandfathered" prices for all Homesteads, and let the rest of us have them for the current price. If that's not enough advantage for the Estates to make margin, then they fussed far too much back when the price increased.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.