my parcel was mine, then it was deed to my now expartner and my group. how to do I deed to me?

GabrielleVanDerMalle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

IF you want to become the only owner, sell it to you. If you want to transfer to another group, set it to sell to yourself, remove the contribution from the old group, you will get a warning because there is not enough land for a short time, you can ignore it. Then contribute the land to the new group and then buy it for the new group (via About Land window), make sure to wear the new group.

Oh and a group that holds land, will not be deleted! Only one member is needed to keep it that way.

Take a look here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

• Like 2

No need to sell or re-deed the land at all.  If your ex has left the group, and you are the only remaining member, do the following:

1. Create another Second Life account, an "alt" using the same sign-up process that you did when you first joined.
  2. Invite your alt to your land group.
  3. Log in as your alt and accept the invitation.

Now the group will not be deleted, and the land can continue to be group owned by you and your alt.

This is the best way to "anchor" any group, by the way.  The only group members you assign to the Owner role in any group you create should be you and your alt, never anyone else.  You can't trust anyone else, not even your partner, to remain with you forever, but you can usually trust your alt.  If you can't, you have larger issues! 

(Sven is right that a one person grouip that owns land won't be deleted, but I believe in insurance.  You might sell that land someday and then your group becomes vulnerable again.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.