MY Friend's Shop Isn't Showing Up When Searched for in Firestorm and Phoenix

DarkGuinevere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My friend Tiffany runs Kinky_One's Leather & Latex, also known as K-One and  ....:: K_One Leather&Latex ::.

But a search in Firestorm and Phoenix in Places doesn't turn it up.  She is probably losing business on this account.  How does she make it show up?  I have her permission to ask for her.  Also, I note that when you search on a keyword, many places will pop up.  For instance, she sells clothes for Lolas and Tangos and would like these keywords to work in a search so that her shop comes up.  And of course, other things like leather, latex and so on.  Does anyone know why her shop isn't showing up now and how she can make it show up, plus have it show up for various keywords?

Her shop is at Hoolie Bay.  I stood in her shop and tried to make a pick for her shop but instead found that I had made a pick for the biker shop Picasa Cycles.  Evidently the fellow that owns that store rents most of the sims.  Maybe this is connected to the problem?

2 answers to this question

Interesting.  If I type in Kinky_One in search in Firestorm or at search.secondlife.com I get a link to your group >>> http://world.secondlife.com/group/9bb2a396-5f96-d5b5-964c-6967d83180e8?lang=en-US

The group description includes the information

Appliers for the Lola tango's available
                            MARKETPLACE:
- https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/52640
                               INWORLD:
- Hoolie Bay 165,8,23
- Schevingen 119,28,2307

But there is no direct link to your inworld store.  Did you click the box in About Land >>> Options that says "Show Place in Search (L$30/week)"? 

As far as keywords are concerned, the best ones are very specific.  A keyword like "Lolas" is practically worthless, since it will lead to thousands of listings.  The trick is to create a link that is both unique to your shop (or nearly so) and obvious enough that people will think to use it.  It's a difficult challenge, which is why advertizing and marketing people in RL earn big bucks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.