..this may feel like an echo, I'm sorry.

Brodi3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

So two days ago I joined SL and like most of people I am now a little lost. I like the community, but I'm not sure where I fit in or where to go to talk to more people like myself, who just want to casually  talk.

Back ground info,

I'm 21 years old,

From the UK,

Live with my boyfriend,

Study law (boring) :matte-motes-asleep-2:

I like dress making - and this is one of the main reasons I joined SL, to explore some more creative paths :D

I love films like "the strangers" and most horrors! I also love documentaries on Netflix about absolutely nothing, I just dont care, I am addicted to seeing them. Even the weird ones like "The person with no face and no brain, awesome girl of forever", well y'know those kinda ones haha.

I like all "say yes to the dress" shows.

Kind of like talking to other adults, I'm 21 going 90 so sometimes kids may find me boring.

Casual chatting is always good, I sometimes like having someone to complain to and Jack (my boyfriend) isnt always around and I'm horribly awkward in person haha.

Can talk about anything, just want someone to hang with and find places and classes to take. (I took an awesome class yesterday and its got me hooked on the game, now everyone has heard about this creating class and thinks I'm crazy..)

Sorry. echo echo echo

Brodieeeeee

hello and welcome to SL

The suggestion that I give to new residents is this....go into the search function of your viewer and find a group that you have an interest in. You said "dress making" and "taking classes", for example. Look those up and see what groups might be out there that strike your fancy. Then, join them. You can have 40 something groups, so don't be shy..especially if they're free. Once  you're in there, check to see if anyone is on line and start a group chat or IM the moderator trying to see what fun things the group does. Most times, people will at least say hello. Don't be shy, just jump right in.

Good luck.

Hey,

I have tried looking for some "sewing" and "dress making" but I couldn't find much. I'm sure in time I will figure it all out. I think it's a tough game to get used at first, I'm used to games with like set goals. Here I'm free to be lazy and chat to people and then explore any creative parts of the game in my own time, I like it. 

Hopefully catch with you guys in game :)

Brodi3 wrote:

Hey,

I have tried looking for some "sewing" and "dress making" but I couldn't find much. I'm sure in time I will figure it all out. I think it's a tough game to get used at first, I'm used to games with like set goals. Here I'm free to be lazy and chat to people and then explore any creative parts of the game in my own time, I like it. 

Hopefully catch with you guys in game
:)

You might do better searching for "fashion" and/or "creator" groups, since sewing doesn't apply to SL and dress making is probably a bit too specific.  When I get the opportunity, I'll happily look some resources up and post them here for you.

I normally don't tell people to friend me inworld as a result of reading a post in the forum, but I must say that I found your description of yourself intriguing and think that we might have a few things in common... especially the part about horror films and weird documentaries (there are actually some SL related documentaries which you might be interested in watching... such as this - link).

Also, I'm generally, pretty knowledgeable about most things SL, so if you've got any more specific questions about the way things work, I'd be more than happy to answer the ones I can or direct you to where the answer could be found.  So send me a friend request, if you feel so inclined.

...Dres

Hi Dres,

Thanks for the help, I'll try to add you in game if I can and we can talk more there, I am also attempting to add MizzKittenz

Wish me luck, adding friends will be another new experience for me right now haha

Brodiee.

Brodi3 wrote:

Hey,

I have tried looking for some "sewing" and "dress making" but I couldn't find much. I'm sure in time I will figure it all out. I think it's a tough
game
to get used at first, I'm used to games with like set goals. Here I'm free to be lazy and chat to people and then explore any creative parts of the
game
in my own time, I like it. 

Hopefully catch with you guys in
game
:)

A quick piece of advice, if I may....a lot of people who play SL will get offended if you refer to it as a game. This has  started numerous arguments here in the forum and inworld as well.

If you're talking inworld about SL, just call it SL. If you're referring to it here in the forums, refer to playing as being inworld. It'll save you a lot of headaches from some obsessed people later on.

Good luck.

Aah I'm sorry, I usually say my first life and my second life but I just didn't think about it while typing. I meant no offence, I understand it's much more then a simple game.

Apologises to anyone who may be offended.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.