Church bell sound

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all...I have no idea how to do this or what I'm shopping for, so I would appreciate some help :)

I have a church on my land.  I want to have a church bell sound there, without actually having bells (there is no adequate place to put on the building, the way it is shaped).  So...what am I looking for on MP?  The actual sound or not?  And if so, how do I incorporate it to the building? Also, I don't want where the sound is heard when someone clicks on it, I would like it to be playing all the time.

Thanks for any help to point me in the right direction.  Kylie :)

ETA:  Thank you, ladies...that was just too darn easy :P  I bought one with the script, stuck it in a cube, made it invisible and it works perfect!!  Much appreciated with the help <3

2 answers to this question

Hiya, Kylie

Just go to Marketplace and look for church bell sounds under audio and video sub-category.  Instructions are within the results that come up - just shove the sound in a prim or the object you want to peal. Like those rocks you can buy that make continuous noises of the sea or seagulls, they make noise all the time.

• Like 1

Hi Kylie,

Do it entirely yourself. You can search the web for sounds you can test drive. You can't do that in the marketplace. Once you've got the sound, if it's not already in the correct format, you must convert it. That's not too terribly difficult to do with a tool like Audacity.

Once that's done, you upload it, drop it into the "Contents" folder of the church, or a prim you rez just to contain the sound (you can hide it in a corner or make it invisible). Then you drop in a player script. There are probably examples of those out on the web.

Here's a shell from which you can probably get what you want..

default{    state_entry()    {        llLoopSound(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_SOUND,0), 1.0);    }}

That will play the sound continuously, which might be enough to drive people to athiesm.

If you want something less insistent, you could put a call to llPlaySound() in a timer, set to go off every 15 minutes, like this...

default{    state_entry()    {        llSetTimerEvent(15*60); // 15 minutes, expressed as seconds    }     timer()    {        llPlaySound(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_SOUND,0), 1.0);    }}

Here are some free church bell sounds...

http://www.sounddogs.com/results.asp?Type=1&CategoryID=1008&SubcategoryID=10

Pick out a bell sound you like. Get Audacity. When you're ready to yell "Help", you know where to find us!

;-)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.