What's going on?!?!?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you!!! I'm going to try all this out when I get home in a bit. Singularity looks nice, I just got a poor impression at first. But I admit, it was rushed and brand new. So I'm not sure why I expected to "know it" like I do firestorm. I'm glad I have a great alternative to fall back on. Thank you again!

Kelley Wonder wrote:

I use Singularity and love it. It's a light viewer and I don't get the glitches I had in Firestorm. If you look on the bottom right of the viewer, there is an up arrow, to quickly change draw distance, etc. And you can change your settings easily in preferences for water, etc.
Everyone has their own preference in viewers as to what works best for them. I don't think one can say any viewer is "bad", just not for you.

(Bolding mine)

QFT!

As an addendum, "point of reference" enters into this conversation as well.  This is not meant as a single "one-size-fits-all" statement, but many of us who enjoy Singularity, Cool Viewer, or other viewers that have the 1.2x interface are sometimes "older" SL residents (as in number of years in SL, not chronological age) and are just more comfortable with that type of UI.  I think for many people the viewer one first uses in SL (or the UI first used in MMO's) often becomes the preferred style. 

Rhys Goode wrote:

I got ghosted, just the other night.  My ISP decided to go offline with no warning, leaving my Avi in limbo.  For a few minutes, I lost all contact with the web.  Then got it back, but could not log into SLfor 10 of 15 mins. When I did get back, I was told I had been standing there non-responsive, never showed going offline, just suddenly showed up on-line as I re-logged.

Hehe.  My alt got ghosted a few years ago, I could go see her hanging there for days, till they reset the sim.

Fabulous when its only an alt that gets stuck.

I got locked out on my main for three days - around 2008 - and had no clue what had happened, but got a lot of IMs to my email, some from people on my friend list who believed I was online, because I was showing mostly as being online, and a few rather obscure ones from random strangers. Turned out I had left a presence behind on the edge of a quite busy sim, but looked quite 'normal'. Linden Lab notified me they had found my stuck presence at this particular sim, and restarted the sim to free me.

Not being that familiar with the SL protocol, I assumed it was a bug, and got redirected from JIRA. A little embarrassed about this now.

We live and learn.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-7458

It really did used to be strange to see a ghost - particularly if it was your own ghost. You had to use an alternative avatar to be able to see your ghosted one though, because once the real presence came within visual range of its ghosted doppelganger, they would merge.

I tried to take a video of this happening once, but its not a great video.  I teleported the real avatar to where her ghost was. This is what happened...

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kelley Wonder wrote:

I use Singularity and love it. It's a light viewer and I don't get the glitches I had in Firestorm. If you look on the bottom right of the viewer, there is an up arrow, to quickly change draw distance, etc. And you can change your settings easily in preferences for water, etc.
Everyone has their own preference in viewers as to what works best for them. I don't think one can say any viewer is "bad", just not for you.

(Bolding mine)

QFT!

As an addendum, "point of reference" enters into this conversation as well.  This is not meant as a single "one-size-fits-all" statement, but many of us who enjoy Singularity, Cool Viewer, or other viewers that have the 1.2x interface are sometimes "older" SL residents (as in number of years in SL, not chronological age) and are just more comfortable with that type of UI.  I think for many people the viewer one first uses in SL (or the UI first used in MMO's) often becomes the preferred style. 

I'd agree with that too.

Firestorm with Phoenix settings is my viewer of choice, but can see good and bad in all the ones I've used. Cannot get used to the official SL viewer, try as I do on a regular basis, but it is a lot better than it was when it was brand new V2.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.