Question about buying / trading land.

EnaudRecneps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Hello and Howdy.....

I have  a premium membership but don't have one of the the 512 units....I bought an auction lot about a year ago and while it's nice...I have found it's not what I am looking for in a parcel....my parcel is a little larger than 1024 by about 100m... and in the snow country of Boreal.... 

I want to upgrade to the 2048 size but would want to trade my parcel as part of the deal....I'm on a fixed (or should we say broken) income and saving where I can is paramount.....Is that permitted in 2L....or will I have to sell my land separately?

Actually, I probably have about 3 gazillion questions about land and ownership.....but this one is first on the list:smileyembarrassed: 

Thanks in advance..

Duane

EnaudRecneps wrote:

Hi, Hello and Howdy.....

I have  a premium membership but don't have one of the the 512 units....I bought an auction lot about a year ago and while it's nice...I have found it's not what I am looking for in a parcel....my parcel is a little larger than 1024 by about 100m... and in the snow country of Boreal.... 

I want to upgrade to the 2048 size but would want to trade my parcel as part of the deal....I'm on a fixed (or should we say broken) income and saving where I can is paramount.....Is that permitted in 2L....or will I have to sell my land separately?

Actually, I probably have about 3 gazillion questions about land and ownership.....but this one is first on the list:smileyembarrassed: 

Thanks in advance..

Duane

You will have to sell.  There is no "trade in program."

Thank you so much for that quick response..... I had a feeling that would be the answer....

oh ....woe is me...

there, now I'm done with the drama.....and will have to do two things.....sell my parcel and find another parcel.... looks like I've got a challenge to keep me busy for awhile.....

thanks again.

....my parcel is a little larger than 1024 by about 100m... and in the snow country of Boreal.... 

I want to upgrade to the 2048 size but would want to trade my parcel as part of the deal....

We're talking about Mainland ownership here, so it's cost-effective to match total land ownership with tier levels -- but keeping in mind that the premium membership comes with 512 sq.m. "bonus" tier that you can use to augment all the tier levels. Hence, for the same US$15 monthly fee as a 2048 sq.m. parcel, you can have up to 2560 (2048 + 512) sq.m.

Or, at the US$8 monthly tier level, you can have 1024 + 512 = 1536 sq.m. -- and maybe spend the US$7 you saved on L$1750 more stuff in-world.

(With the 10% "group bonus" you can actually do slightly better than those sizes, too, by always buying the land "for group."  Group land is in fact quite useful, but also a tiny bit tricky at first, so maybe put that aside until you're looking at a specific parcel that needs some of that extra 10%).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.