What the heck is this?!?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of mine took me to his rental home today, to show me what a $350 a week, 305 Prim place looks like. Besides his skybox, yada yada yada, whatever. Like any other cheaper home, right? But, since I'm usually dealing in my full sim, I tend to zoom out, look at an entire parcel, look at it's details, etc. Sadly, I didn't have time at the moment to check the region details. But I did have a chance to cam around and zoom out. What... The hell... Was that??? Seriously, it was the size of about 4-8 regions (full sims), all split up into tiny tiny plots, as my friend is renting. So... What is this? Only things I can think of, correct my wrong-thinking, please...

1. Some person got lucky awhile ago on an auction and is now sitting back and relaxing while these tenants pay for his SL and probably RL.
2. A group of region owners moved their lands next to each other, then repeat number 1.
3. It's LL owned.
4. Something that has to do with Thor tickling Beetlejuice.

Ok, so number 4 was just for giggles. But seriously, what is this? Renting land is not something I want to get into. But my friend said, and others, that they have FULL RIGHTS to these plots, even as small as they are. I've only heard of being able to split up your region into parcels, and only 4. Being 1/4 sim each. I'm just curious. I've never seen land like that before. And I've seen way more expensive homes, skyboxes, with less prom allowance. Way less.

hazeonelove wrote:

Very good to know. I'm going to look into that. I want to look into separating a part for my own living on the sim. I mean, might as well.

Honestly, for a living space, anything smaller thana 512 would be a closet.  128 512's per region.

beethros Karas wrote:

Yes! thank you Perrie for saying this -->  

"Honestly, for a living space, anything smaller thana 512 would be a closet.  128 512's per region."

Reminded me of the old "good" days before crisis --> 

Dormitory beds at the Mall_001.jpg

They could have at least provided clean matresses.  Did you have to supply your own bed linens?

Curious, do you remeber how much those rented for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.