How can I block tracker huds

Myfanwy Acer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm a little unclear as to what you mean by a "tracker HUD".

If it is just that someone is able to see when you are online, even though you may not have got them on your friend list, or have opted to not show anyone your online status, there is no way of blocking that.  If you are in a group, for example, your online status will always show to other people in that group.

Perhaps I have misunderstood. Please elaborate if you can.

Assuming you mean the tracker hud tracks your location, rather than simply if you're online, it can only do that if you're wearing a scripted item that communicates with it.   There's no way in LSL to track someone's location by feeding their uuid to a script, as you can if you only want to test if they're online.

So, if that's the problem, just remove any attachments that you have been given by the person you say is tracking you, and delete them.   That will mean their hud can no longer track you.  

However, as I mentioned earlier, it's easy enough to see if someone's online, either by using a script or belonging to the same group as them, and, if you tend to stick to the same few locations, it may well be possible much of the time for the person tracking you to find you simply by tp-ing to a few places he knows you frequent.   Certainly someone who knows me well enough would only need to check three or four places to find me at least 90% of the time, if he knows I'm online.   So if deleting all attachments (hair, shoes, jewelry) this person gave you doesn't work, it may be necessary simply to mute him and ignore him, or even to create an alt to use until he gets bored.

• Like 3

You are probably refering to an Avi Tracker held by someone else whom he put your name on.  There is no way to get rid off.

I am having the same problem, as soon as I'm logging on, I receive IMs from "unknown" people.  I assume my online status is given to them throught this Tracker and the only solution I found is to block them.  At least, they can't tp close to me (except if they are in the same SIM) or tp me to them.

It's very easy to see if someone is online or not, using a standard LSL function. That's completely different from being able to track where someone is, which can't be done by script unless the target is wearing something -- wittingly or not -- that broadcasts their location (or unless they arrive at a sim where someone is running a scanner to report all arrivals on that particular sim).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.