Why doesn't search window ever load?

TogranTroll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Before I begin: If this is in the wrong tab, reassign it as needed or tell me where I should post it for maximum effect.

I also can't load profiles other than my own. I just get a big gray box for both, that never resolves, even when everything in my immediate area has appeared completely [mesh, prims, textures, and all.]

I've waited as long as 15 minutes before for the search window to load while hopping between locations. It stays gray.

Javascript's enabled. Everything's enabled. As far as graphics options are concerned, I have medium-high settings, with the water effects turned off and most of the lighting and shadow effects turned off, and VBO turned off. In summary, there's no reason why search shouldn't load. But it never does.

This has been happening since I started playing again a couple days ago. I saw someone had posted a similar question in the forums, and they have yet to receive a response.

2 answers to this question

If you have checked to be sure that you have enabled Javascript, cookies, and plugins, then the next thing to do is open Preferences >>> Privacy and click Clear History.  If this still doesn't help, then make sure that your anti-virus software hasn't flagged, and possibly deleted, SLPlugin.exe, which is required for search to work. Try disabling your anti-virus completely, then reinstalling your viewer to a different folder. Once done, re-enable your anti-virus and make sure you set it to exclude SLPlugin.exe from being scanned.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.