Random gifts from unknown names

Rikel Parkin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I keep getting these messages like, "GD Games: Hi! GD Games  your point of contact for the best entertainment related with games in Second Life. For all the interested ones in the game culture out there we offer a large selection of games."

So naturally I decline "You decline 'GD Games Gift Box'  ( German Land Holding (129,80,1025) ) from GD Games."

And it's an offer to accept or decline a gift.  I've gotten a lot of these, one in particular from the same name I eventually muted just so I'd stop receiving this kind of unknown stuff, as I know someone will send a gift and if opened, could cause you harm.

Is anyone else running into this problem as well?

You probably visited a gaming region at some point, and got auto-subscribed to one of their spam tools. Or maybe a welcome area where one of their agents was hanging around sollecting avatar names. You've done the right thing to decline and mute.  If they get persistant (like using multiple avatars or objects to get around the muting), AR them - you can submit an Abuse Report in the viewer under Help. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.