What does the derriere attachment do anyways?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is more about shape, but size also matters. I am not good with technical stuff, but I was told that the SL avatar has UV-mapping that sucks, and the worst areas is the shoulders and the crotch. This poor UV-mapping means that just a few pixels cover a large area in the inner thighs. So when the avatar poses or dances, the effect is a blur or smear down the inner thighs. Also called "Insuficcient wiping". :matte-motes-sour:

It is also the knees and butt. The default avatar mesh bends in edges, so you get a flat butt and angular knees.

I own the Cute azz on this avatar, and the Phat azz on another. I can not honestly say they are flawless. They have some issue around the waist where it is often an "glitch" so I appear to have an invisible line. They also don't work perfect with Slink feet, especially when you use the stockings. 

Worst for me, is that I have trouble using skirts with them. The skirts made for these azz parts are reverting back to the texturing system, so that clothing is working as body paint with "crotch flaps" trying to cover the area between the legs. Only a few designers use rigged mesh for this "flap", and they do it pretty well... pencil skirts can look convincing. But wearing fluffy skirts made of mesh? Hard to find something that fits. Because I want pretty knees with a summer dress!

I really miss the oppurtunity to turn "off" parts of the derriere, so it will not poke through. Some mesh avatars have this function, let is say you dress your "Ken" from CheerNo... you attach the HUD and turn off the parts the clothes cover. This isn't foolproof either, the avatar has one waistline, and if the pants has a lower waistline it will be a gap. But still, it is better than nothing.

These mesh butts are really good to use with lingerie.  So if you blog lingerie much... or roleplay in scenes where, ahem, clothes come off, you will enjoy these mesh replacement parts. I don't regret buying them, I buy almost all mesh replacement parts because I like to try them out. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.