Blender texture paint

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I texture paint in Blender, it is very hit or miss on my Mac. Usually it will work for a minute or two and then just stop. Sometimes brush mode or clone will wok, then stop,but when I try draw, it will work for a while.

Every version of Blender has this problem, not just the current one. I must be doing something wring but I have no idea what it could be.

Anyone have any experience with this, or know of a good texture painting app?

In the viewer there is a Help item in the menu. Within it is About [viewer name]. Clicking it will pull up all the driver version numbers for the things that drive your video. That may give us a clue to what the problem is.

AFAIK, this is not a problem experienced by most Blender users. So, it is likely a setting in Blender or something in your machine. I doubt it can be how you paint in Blender.

Look in User Preferences on the System tab. Find Computer Device and enable use of your GPU, if it is available. Look at your other video settings on the same panel and see if tweaks there have any affect.

There are two render modes that allow painting. Try both Blender Internal and Cycles. See: http://www.blendernerd.com/tip-basics-of-texture-painting/ 

Thank you Nalates --I do not get the option to enable GPU, probably because I have an iMac.  I have an ATI 6970 -- with Macs you can't update drivers separately, they are part of system updates.  I have watched that video before -- not quite ready for Cycles yet :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.