Troubles With Im's and notices to email

Zack221 Friller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Everyone,

I am having a issue with secondlife, i have checked off "ims and notices to email" but i  get notices by email,  but i notce my IMS are goingto my junk folder, and i dont know how to fix that, May i please have some suggetions other wiese then filing a support case witch i have done multilpe times

5 answers to this question

What's your email programme?  That's where the trouble is.

Gmail, along with several other email services, recently changed their spam filters to catch all emails from inside SL.   Apparently the problem is that lots of people join SL,  look round and join some groups, and then lose interest in SL.   However, group messages keep on arriving for them and going to their email address, and rather than turn off IMs to email, people have been flagging these messages as spam.

Anyway, tl;dr -- if you are using gmail, set a filter (gear icon, settings, filter)  so that if the message includes the words "Message from Second Life" it's never sent to spam.

The IMs will go to your junk folder if you have not set a proper filter in your e-mail program to redirect them to your Inbox.  If you are using gmail, like many SL residents, here's what you do ...

How to set a filter

• Pull up your gmail and go to the little settings *wheel* in the upper right corner.
  • Select SETTINGS from the dropdown list.
  • On the page that opens, click on the FILTERS tab
  • Click on CREATE NEW FILTER. It will bring up a new window.
  • In the FROM box type “@im.agni.lindenlab.com
    (without the quotation marks of course!)
  • Click CREATE FILTER WITH THIS SEARCH
  • Make sure to check the box marked NEVER SEND IT TO SPAM
  • Check the small box at the bottom that says: “Also apply filter to matching conversations.”
  • Finally, click the blue box that says CREATE FILTER

Your filter is now set!

That’s the important one – you can also add a filter for no-reply@lindenlab.com too.

• Like 3

Gmail seems to dislike short messages from SL, in particular. When I open a message that it would have classed as spam if it wasn't for a filter I'd set, it tells me, and it seems to be the shorter messages from inside SL that it wants to dump. We had a thread in general discussions about this not so long ago, I think,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.