firestorm user Help cant log into SL

Cynfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im super depressed because I cannot log into SL at this time Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and i dont know how to do a clean reinstall with all the help in the internet lol it wont work for me lol. im depressed mostly cus this guy im absolutely infatuated with is who i wanted to talk to and he is on wondering why im not prolly >>;;...so

What im asking is why does it say something about the cache or whatever and then gives me a link to the second life server viewer update thingy idk the name of it...xx but im desperate to get back on now....Ive got a clan meeting tomorrow and i dont wanna be late!

It may just be that your viewer is taking its time to prepare all the accumulated cache it has; sometimes in this cases it's good to clean it but, while the easiest way to do it is from the viewer's own preferences, if in this case it won't even let you launch it, then follow the instructions from this page to manually delete the cache. Be aware that, after doing it, next time you log in you might want to wait for a while while the inventory reloads from zero, and even log off and on again after that to ensure that the new cache is properly stored in your computer (you'll only need to do that once, of course).

On a more personal note, may I suggest that if this guy is good enough to merit your infatuation, his virtues should include the patience to wait for something that can happen to any of us? :smileywink:

Heres what It tells me Login failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong

Please check status.secondlifegrid.net to see if there is a known problem with the service if you continue to experience problems please check your network and firewall setup...

And I cleared my cache reinstalled a billion times and cant figure out what to do..

There is one thing that might explain it. Are you using an old version of Firestorm? Some of them have been blocked from SL

You should see the version number in the info line at the top of the Firestorm window.The current version is 4.4.2 with the 4.5.1 Beta also widely used. It's always worth letting us know the version number for a Viewer problem, any Viewer. The Beta status of 4.5.1 was assigned because they wanted to get a new version out before the end of the year, and I've not experienced any bad behaviour from it.

It isn't a bad idea to have an alternative viewer available. For Firestorm the in-world support is excellent, but they will want to know the version number.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.