The arm tattoo sleeve I made is showing up on my avi's torso instead of its arm

trashbrat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The arm tattoo sleeve I made is showing up on my avi's torso instead of its arm. It looks awesome quality-wise so I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong with the file format or anything. I clicked new tattoo, made sure it was upper body, but the tattoo attaches to the torso. Used a vector smart UV photoshop template. So frustrating!

Yup those are the ones I used!

Snapshot_001.png

Oh my god I forgot to flip it back after editing it.. I'm not an idiot I swear.

Thank you so much!

4 answers to this question

Hi Trashbrat,

Did you use Robin Wood's templates, placing your tattoos on the top/bottom arm maps at the bottom of the template?

SL-Avatar-Top-512.jpg

Come back to your question and edit it with your response via "Options" over there on the right. Can you post an image of the erroneous placement?

ETA:

The placement of your tattoo would be consistent with rotating the template 90° CW. A tattoo on the outside of the arm (top arm template) would rotate to cover the front of the torso, just right of center. You can see this in the overlapped composite image below...

Top Template Problem.jpg

I don't know how this would have happened, but it's the most likely (only?) cause I can think of.

ETA2: Of course you're not an idiot. You're just goof like me!

;-)

• Like 2

On 1/18/2014 at 10:28 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hi Trashbrat,

Did you use Robin Wood's templates, placing your tattoos on the top/bottom arm maps at the bottom of the template?

SL-Avatar-Top-512.jpg

Come back to your question and edit it with your response via "Options" over there on the right. Can you post an image of the erroneous placement?

ETA:

The placement of your tattoo would be consistent with rotating the template 90° CW. A tattoo on the outside of the arm (top arm template) would rotate to cover the front of the torso, just right of center. You can see this in the overlapped composite image below...

Top Template Problem.jpg

I don't know how this would have happened, but it's the most likely (only?) cause I can think of.

ETA2: Of course you're not an idiot. You're just goof like me!

😉

DO you have this set up as a psd b/c this would be great b/c i have been trying to see how or find a way to do like the over the shoulder  to the chest and over the back shoulder 

13 minutes ago, SLIM Barrowstone said:

DO you have this set up as a psd b/c this would be great b/c i have been trying to see how or find a way to do like the over the shoulder  to the chest and over the back shoulder 

The psd files are downloadable on that website...

https://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/AVUVTemplates.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.