odd objects attached to my avatar or other avatars in crowded sims

SaraBanu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Capture.PNGrecently i am seeing weired things attached to me or other avatars when in crowded sims, they are pretty weired and annoying(picture attached) does anyone know anything about this? I tried different viewers still have the issue. Even re-logging doesn't work and make it look different only, Is there any settings i can change to avoid this, my connection speed is low (8mbps, i have adsl1 ), was hoping a tweak in settings can fix the issue.thanks for any suggestion.. 

3 answers to this question

What you are seeing could very well be parts of mesh outfits/shoes/hair that isn't completely rezzing.

Other than ensuring your computer has sufficient resources to run Second Life, and a good (not wireless) internet connection, and/or sticking to less populated places, I don't think there is much you can do.

However, other responses will follow, so please keep checking back here.

I can't really tell what I am seeing in your image. It is dark in the area of the problem and small. So, I am guessing. But, a poor connection may be the problem. However, partially loaded mesh will cause a triangle icon to appear near the mesh.

An 8mbps connection is not that bad. You can test your connection to SL using: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Wireless routers are now far less a problem, but you need a newer model for wireless to work well. If you are using 'A' or 'B' protocol to connect to your access point, you have far too old a router or network card. Using the 'G' protocol is an iffy thing. It may work or not. It depends on the network load and strength of the connection as well as the brand and model of the wireless router. The newer routers use the 'N' protocol. They work well for many people. So, the simple statement  'wireless is bad for SL' is no longer true. But, you may get better performance with a wired connection.

The quick test for wireless problems is to use a wired connection and see if things improve.

That appears to be a boot of some sort. Have you looked to see exactly what your avatar is wearing? That's easy enough to do in the Second Life viewer via the appearance tab (Tee Shirt) then the wearing tab that follows or through your inventory by opening the Current Outfit Folder. As far as seeing things on others... those are more then likely mesh or sculpt objects that haven't drawn in properly due to your connecting speed or LOD settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.