Sorry! We couldn't log you in!

tbby3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been using the Second Life Viewer to play here on Second Life and recently it's been telling me : 

Login Failed. 

Sorry! We couldn't log you in. 

Please make sure you entered the right 

* Username (like bobsmith12 or steller.sunshine)

* Password 

Also, make sure your CAPS Lock Key is off.

I've been signing onto my account with Singularity Viewer and it's been working just fine. I also even made another account to sign on Second Life Viewer and it still shows this message. I don't know what is going on, but if anyone can tell me and help me that would be great! Cause I hate using Singularity Viewer. 

OH! And also, my friend told me to download Firestorm - Beta Viewer. And it's giving me the same message as well when I sign onto Second Life Viewer. 

3 answers to this question

hi,

there should not be any issue other than you are entering wrong password. as you have mentioned that you can login using another viewer that means your account is not compromised, so you are ok, are you able to log in to your dashboard ? www.secondlife.com 

assuming that you are having numbers too in your password, some times it happens that you punch in the number using your num pad, and your num lock is not on, in that case the number was not enterred, make sure this is not the case. 

try entering full name tbby3 Resident

and password

lets know if your problem solved.

If you are SURE you are entering your user name and password correctly, it's possible that your account has been compromised...stolen by a phisher.  If you suspect this is the case, immediately follow the instructions here:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

And be careful about clicking links you are given in chat, group chat, IMs or email!

If it works with Singularity then the username and password must be ok, The viewer just sends that info to SL on login. If you been in SL since user names were changed then  you need to use the resident part of your name also. I can not understand this, if Singularity is ok then other viewers would be ok too.  It would only mean you not entering  it  correctly.

ADDED: See what you entering in Singularity, it possible you have a letter of you name spelt incorrectly and you typing it correctly now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.