(SOLVED)How to create an HUD for Lolas Tango/Phat Azz?

JudyClair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am creating clothes for Lolas Tango and Phat Azz

I´ve already read the  information inside the creators kit for both of them.

In Lolas Tango Kit: * An applier object: it can be a simple prim, or a hud. (i´ve already tried to create an object, but i cant attach it on the screen)

IN Phat Azz Kit:1. Grab the correct applier hud

Where do I find an HUD full perm, for my creations?

Edit 1: I´ve already done that, but, it disappears right after

EDIT 2: Thank u girls to answer, BUT: I know how to attach HUD, inside and outside the screen, such as pull-in, use the Zoom, center, bottom etcetec

How to create an applier.

For this you need:
An applier object: it can be a simple prim, or a hud.**
The applier script (provided in this Developer kit).
The configuration notecard.
A texture to apply.

**My only problem is to fix that damn HUD (object) on the screen without disappearing. if I attach the center, for example, he is attached for 5 seconds and then disappears.

I do not know why, with such a simple thing, is not working to finish my work

SOLVED! Thank you.

6 answers to this question

A HUD is nothing more than a scripted object that you attach to your screen instead of rezzing it on the ground or wearing it on your Av.  If you have already made the object, locate it in your inventory, right click on it, and select Attach to HUD ...  Choose a HUD attachment point and you're all done.

If an object seems to disappear when you attach it to a HUD point, that's because it is either 1) mis-positioned for that attachment point, or 2) rotated edge-on, or it's facing away from you and has a transparent texture on the back.

One simple way to find "missing" HUDs is to right click any other HUD on your screen and select Edit.  Then scroll your mouse wheel to zoom out away from the screen.  You will then be able to see HUDs that are positioned "off the edge" of the screen.  Right click it and edit it to lie within the screen border.

If the above doesn't show the missing HUD, while you have your view zoomed out, try dragging a selection rectangle out.  See if it captures any invisible HUDs that may be there.

Lindal's right.  If you are making your own HUD, there's one important rule to remember:  A HUD always attaches so that you are looking at face #4.  That is, the cube face that looks WEST if you rez the HUD on the ground.  You see a HUD as if it were a two-dimensional object, and you only see that one side of it.  So..... one way to be sure you get it right is to keep track of which face you put your texture on, and be sure that it's face #4.  Another way is to put your texture on EVERY face.  That way, if you screw up some face will be the right one.  :smileytongue:

JudyClair wrote:

[ .... ]

**My only problem is to fix that damn HUD (object) on the screen without disappearing.
 if I attach the center, for example, he is attached for 5 seconds and then disappears.

I do not know why, with such a simple thing, is not working to finish my work

Without seeing it in action, it's hard to say what's happening.  It may still be there but either transparent or rotated out of view.  You can check for both possibilities by highlighting transparent objects (CTRL + Alt + T) and by looking in Inventory to see wether the HUD is still listed as (WORN).  If you find that it is still there, you can work on figuring out why the script made it transparent or rotated.

If it has actually gone completely, then study your script to see whether there is a timer event with a command to make the HUD llDie after a few seconds.  That would be a strange way to script it, but who knows?  It's more likely that there is a positioning routine in the script, and that it is trying to move the HUD to some impossible position -- like halfway across the sim. That sounds like a dumb thing to do too, but every scripter has made that mistake a few times.  :smileyembarrassed:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.