When i land at a certain sim, I cannot access the stream.

lilmisslara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Continuation of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Viewers/i-use-SL-viewer-I-think-I-may-have-blacklisted-a-stream-how-do-i/qaq-p/2360509

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

HI again lilmisslara,

If this problem is only on that one club sim, it may be that your maximum bandwidth is set too high, and your viewer is dropping the audio stream to load textures. This might happen if the sim is particularly busy. If so, you may find that sound works when the club is not busy.

If I understand correctly (and it's quite possible I don't), the Maximum bandwitch setting in Preferences->Network & Cache pertains only to the loading of scene data. If you set that too high, and your ISP bandwidth can't support the full load of scene data and audio stream, the audio stream will be dropped. Your Max bandwidth setting should be 1500 or lower. You could also try reducing your draw distance to reduce scene rendering bandwidth.

It's also possible that your PC has a corrupted network setting, you might try a reboot of both it and your broadband modem/router. If you are on a wi-fi connection, try a wired connection to improve your network bandwidth.

If none of those things helps, come back to edit your question via "Options" over there on the right. This will keep all our answers in one place and avoid pushing other questions off the front page.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.