Detecting avatar rezzing after teleport

XbabylonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Your username is always right over your head.  Just look up. If you ever forget your own name, just write

default{    touch_start(integer num)   {        llSay(0,"Hello! My name is " + llGetUsername(llGetOwner()));    }}

Only once you should do the work;

string MyName;default{    changed(integer Change){        if(CHANGED_TELEPORT & Change){            llOwnerSay(MyName + " has arrived");        }    }    state_entry(){        MyName = llKey2Name(llGetOwner());    }}

But mostly I posted this to say I didn't even know there was a name for "Yoda conditions"; possibly because Yoda didn't exist when I was learning.  Way to make me feel old ^^

Rolig Loon wrote:

I still don't understand.  Why do you need to "retrieve" it?  It's always right with you.  You don't lose your name when you teleport.

Off the top of my head, I can think of one use for this in roleplaying a character that could don disquises at times. Like having it say:

"Bystander: Isn't that our Queen joining us?"

or

"nobody notices the new arrival"

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Only once you should do the work;

string MyName;default{    changed(integer Change){        if(CHANGED_TELEPORT & Change){            llOwnerSay(MyName + " has arrived");        }    }    state_entry(){        MyName = llKey2Name(llGetOwner());    }}

No, MyName would never be updated that way. The idea is that one can change their User Name at any time before teleporting and you need the "announcement" to reflect that.

But mostly I posted this to say I didn't even know there was a name for "Yoda conditions"; possibly because Yoda didn't exist when I was learning.  Way to make me feel old ^^

One is only old when they've stopped learning. :)

That sounds like a long shot.  After all, the OP didn't ask how to retrieve a Display name, which can change.  He asked to retrieve a username, which doesn't.  llKey2Name will always give you an invariant answer.

I think it's more likely (though still a long shot) that he's concerned about amnesiac or senile avatars, who are likely to get confused in new surroundings and forget who they are.

if (change & CHANGED_TELEPORT){    llOwnerSay("Reality check ....  Your name is " + llGetUsername(llGetOwner() + " and people like to call you "       + llGetDisplayName(llGetOwner()) + ".  OK, smile.  Here they come.....");}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.