Why can't I get on SL?

LestatJR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying to get on SL for three days now and I can't can someone please tell me why?

I am using Firestorm and when I log in it tells me Requesting region capabilities then it goes to waiting for a handshake then tell me, its either the grid or my internet connection. Ive reset my router twice and the grid says its up and running. Im also using an HP laptop.

Im sorry to have to keep going on this but I tried all three LM you gave me and I still told the same thing. Ive even deleted SL from my computer and re-down loaded it and still not able to get on.

Am I not allowed on SL any longer for some reason ive tried all three LMs you game me and I still cant get on. I don't know whats going on, Please someone help.

10 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, LestatJR

We need a bit more information.

What happens when you try to log into Second Life? 

Please also post your full system specifications here. And the viewer you are using.

(To add more to this thread, please click on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".)

LestatJR wrote:

I've been trying to get on SL for three days now and I can't can someone please tell me why?

I am using Firestorm and when I log in it tells me Requesting region capabilities then it goes to waiting for a handshake then tell me, its either the grid or my internet connection. Ive reset my router twice and the grid says its up and running. Im also using an HP laptop.

Thanks for updating your post.

Have you tried logging into a different region? Furball, or Quarrel, or Itress, are all empty waterland sims. Then teleport back to the region you were trying to log into.

And report back here again with any progress you make please.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.