undeed land back to myself

JessiSweeney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently was able to purchase a small portion of land to set up for myself and beloved wife. I deeded it to a group we formed and was wondering about reclaiming the land in my name. I was informed in other posts to simply resell it back to myself (0L$). On the surface, I that's fine. My concern is will everything already on the land be returned to their respective owners or will they stay put?

2 answers to this question

Be sure to specify that you want to sell the land only to yourself, or someone else may buy it.

sell_land.pngFollow these steps:

1. Right-click the land and select About Land
  2. Click the OBJECTS tab and set Auto return other Residents' objects to "0".
    32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Failure to turn off auto return may result in the return of all objects on the land!
  3. On the GENERAL tab, click the Sell Land button.
  4. Enter L$1 under Set a price.
  5. Under Sell the land to, choose Specific person from the dropdown menu and click Select
  6. Enter your name in the search field of the CHOOSE RESIDENT window and click Go.
  7. Select your name and click OK.
  8. Under Sell the objects with the land? option, choose No, keep ownership of objects.
  9. Click the Set Land For Sale button.
  10. Right-click the land and select Buy Land.
  11. Click the Purchase button.
  12. If desired, deed the land to a new group.

• Like 1

In addition to Rolig's detailed directions,

1.  Set the land to sell at $L 0, rather than $L 1.  This is not strictly necessary, just a safety precaution.  If you set the price at zero, the interface will REQUIRE you to specify the buyer (yourself).

2.  Wear the group tag of your land group while doing the sale.

3.  Before you sell the land, go to the Land and $ tab of the group, and cancel out any tier contribution you are making.  This will free up that tier for the new (to you) land, and prevent you from being bumped into a higher tier bracket for the billing period.  You will get a warning that the group is short on tier.  Don't worry, you can ignore this for the short time before the sales.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.