What do you. the performer, use to stream?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Edcast as my encoder. I have two signal streams that are combined to create my live performances.

Signal path #1] Cubase 7 [PC computer or laptop] -> ESI ESU 1808 audio interface outputs 1 thru 8 -> Behringer Xenyx 2442FX Mixer.

Signal Path #2] Kay Flying-V w/Kahler Tremolo, Epiphone Explorer w/Schaller Tremolo, Boss GT-6 FX, Roland Fantom X8, Roland Jupiter-6 -> Samson PL1808 submixer -> Behringer Xenyx 2442FX Mixer.

I use an Alesis 3630 compressor as an insert in the Master output of my main mixing desk primarily as a brickwall limiter in order to prevent digital distortion on the signal path back into my computer. The output from the Behringer Xenyx 2442FX Mixer is split so that I hear the signal fed into the Edcast encoder on my studio monitors.

Return signal path] Behringer Xenyx 2442FX Mixer -> ESI ESU 1808 inputs 1 & 2 -> Edcast [PC or laptop].

I hope that helps.

walker Triellis wrote:

OK, so with all of the performing artists on SL I am wondering, what do you use to stream the music? I know some use winamp, SAM, BUTT, MIXXX. But what do you use? Also do you use anything like a compressor or limiter before it goes out, how about FX?

Why do you want to know?

Started with Winamp and Shoutcast DSP plugin then used SAM for a looong time. Never used all the sound settings because i was pretty happy with the default. Just a bit of the "equalizer" to boost bass. No compressor beyond the MP3 plugins you need to. Always liked the OGG plugin, better sound less bytes.

Now i´m using my own Software where i can control everything i want without the overload of settings in MIXX or SAM or the minimality Winamp offers for streaming.

Monti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.