I rented an Ad Board but it isn't working. The owner won't contact me and he has my $$. Help!

MargeKinson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What should I do about the guy that rents these ad boards?

He took my $236 L and the board doesn't work. I contacted him asking him if he could fix the board or refund my lindens. He read my notecard but he never returned my money or fixed the board.

Help...

9 answers to this question

There's an option in the viewer that you can tick to automatically accept inventory offers. If you sent him the notecard and it said he accepted it -immediately- than he has that option ticked. It does not however mean that he was online at the time or has read it.

Have you tried moving in a full permission ad texture into the Ad-Board your leased? If that works have you placed the LM of your store into the Ad-Board. Usually you will get a local chat response from these devices. Some of these will also accept a NC as well to give along with the LM.

Yes, however it is the texture that is not showing up. You can get the LM but without a texture on the board I doubt many people would click for a LM. My sister rented an ad board there too and hers is working and I was the one that loaded it, so I think there must just be a glitch in the one I rented. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Well I suppose I can't be 100% certain that he read it however it does say he received my inventory offer the day after I sent it. I understand what you are saying about being patient but there is a timer on the ad board and the days are ticking away. I also know I could lose more money than $236 but why should I lose it at all. I paid for a service, I should receive that service and to top it off after my time expires then someone else will rent that broken board and he'll take their money too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.